These are groups and albums that people have recommended to me.
favorites missing? If so, let me know.
- Arcady, After The Ball, Shanachie 79077.
- Augusta Heritage Center Irish Week Concerts
Mark Stone recommends the 1992,
1993, and 1994 tapes, which feature
Albert Alfonso, and Mark himself.
The tapes are available from Augusta Heritage Center, Davis & Elkins
College, Elkins, WV 26241, (304) 636-1903.
- Baal Tinne
Privately published: Kevin Rice, 2540 Happy Hollow Rd.
Glenview, IL 60025-1117.
- ...About Time
- The Haunting
- Baltiorum, The Cat Among the Pigeons
Privately published: See Baal Tine for address.
- Battlefield Band
- Across the Borders, Temple Records COMD2065 Iain MacDonald (a former member) has a pretty amazing bodhrán solo on track 13.
- Threads, Temple Records COMD2061
- Mary Bergin
- Feadóga Stáin, Shanachie 79006.
- Feadóga Stáin 2, Shanachie 79083.
- Bothy Band
- Out of the Wind and Into the Sun,
Green Linnet 3013.
- The Best of the Bothy Band,
Green Linnet 3001.
There's some lovely drumming in Music in the Glen/The Humours of
Scariff/The Otter's Holt.
- The Light of Other Days,
Green Linnet 1086.
- Hard New York Days (Rego R3035, Kells Music KN-9503).
- Music from Ballad of the Irish Horse, Shanachie 79051.
Chieftains 3, CC 10, Shanachie 79023, ILPS 9379.
- Chieftains 4, CC 14, Shanachie 79024, ILPS 9380.
- Robbie O'Connell,
Never Learned to Dance,
Green Linnet 1124.
Kevin Conneff, The Week Before Easter
- Seamus Connolly, Notes from my Mind,
Green Linnet 1137.
- Kevin Crawford, 'd' flute album,
Green Linnet 1162.
- Selected Jigs, Reels, And Songs, Shanachie 79001.
- Jacket of Batteries,
Green Linnet 3053.
- Seamus Egan, A Week in January.
- Declan Folan, Skin and Bow,
Sound Records, Grattan Street, Sligo, phone 353 071 43784
Four Men and a Dog
- Barking Mad, Green Linnet 3085.
- Shifting Gravel, Green Linnet 3084.
- Mance Grady, self-titled, privately published.
94 Angell Road, Cumberland, RI 02864
phone (401) 333-2293,
- Steaphan Hannigan, Natural Selection,
Ossian OSS 58.
- Tommy Hayes
- An Ras, Mulligan Records (5 Middle Street Court, Middle
Street, Galway, Ireland. phone/fax: +353 (0)91 56 49 61)
- A Room in the North,
- Eileen Ivers,
Green Linnet 1139.
- Kila, Mind The Gap.
Lunny, self-titled, CEF 133.
- Michael McKinley, The Executive Session, Stonington
Stonington Island Records, 145 Water
Street, Stonington, CT 06378.
- Glenn Morgan, Southwind, Fishbite Recordings, 1992
- Colm Murphy, An Bodhrán, Gael-Linn CEFCD 175.
Stockton's Wing. Please suggest albums.
Smoke and Strong Whiskey, Columbia/Newberry.
- The Rights of Man: The Concert for Joseph Doherty, SIF 1111.
- Sean Ryan, Take the Air, CEF 142.
Mícháel O Súilleabháin,
The Dolphin's Way, Virgin/Venture 90651.
- The Sound of Coleman Country, privately produced for the
Coleman Heritage Center, County Sligo; phone 011-353-71-82599.
- St. James's Gate, St. James's Gate IV
Privately published: contact Cliff Moses at (210) 492-5748 or
The bodhrán has been used in
other genres. Take a look at the
description of Maxwell Davies' Symphony No. 5 (Collins Classics 1460) on the
Allegro home page.
Return to the
Bodhrán home page.
Part of the Ceolas|
celtic music archive
Last updated 24 Dec 2000