Celtic musicians: Europe
- Belgian/Irish trad. group.
France / Brittany
- L'Ange Vert
- Breton celtic rock group, based in Paris.
- Celtic Fiddle Festival
- Trio of fiddlers from Ireland (Kevin Burke), Scotland (Johnny Cunningham) and Britanny (Christian Lemaitre).
- Dan Ar Braz
- Famed Breton celtic guitarist.
- Dialoud Ar Menez
- Breton group (in French).
- Les EV
- Another Breton celtic rock group, from Nantes.
- Irish music from French musicians, based in Genoble.
- Breton fest-noz group (in French only).
- New Breton/Irish group.
- Soïg Sibéril
- One of the best-known of Breton guitarists.
- Alan Stivell
- Discography of Breton celtic/new age musician, by Jim Chokey.
- Tri Yann (in French)
- Long-running Breton folk rock group.
See also the extensive listings of Breton musicians at Celtic'Sons and the Breton section of Folksy Links.
- Deoch an Dorais
- Sound like a traditional folk/trad Irish-style band from Münster.
- Trad Irish band from Hanover.
- Buttons, Strings and Cora O'Donovan
- More Irish trad, from Hamburg.
- The Hibernians
- More Irish trad, from Rhein Main area.
- Bangers and Mash
- 'Non-profit' group playing Irish folk.
- A Dutch traditional duo.
- Hair of the Dog
- whose name and website implies many cultural connections with beer...
- Part-time Dutch Irish group.
- Kees Ouwejan en Makkers
- Folk/celtic foursome from Leiden.
- Irish/Danish trad group based in Copenhagen.
- Celtic group from the Galician region of Spain.
- More Galician Groups
- Courtesy of Manuel Carro
- Llan de Cubel
- Asturian folk group with celtic influences.
- Celtas Cortos
- Celtic/Pop group.
- Folksy Links
- Long listing of folk musicians in Galicia, some with celtic influences.
- Kyle-na-no (Coill na gCnó)
- Italian celtic band.
- Tuatha De Dannan
- Another Italian group, specialising in early celtic music (1400-1800).
- Vincenzo Zitello
- Celtic Harpist.
- Swedish traditional celtic band.
- James's Gate
- Swedish group named, seemingly, after the Guinness brewery....
- King Laoghaire
- Another Swedish-based group, with a very nice website.
- The Corbies
- Mostly-Swedish site for this Scottish-influenced band.
- Mountain Dew
- Irish Traditional Music, mixed with rock, pop and original work.
- Quite possibly the Czech Republic's finest celtic band.
- From Poland, have several albums to their credit, and I'd tell you more if I read Polish. If you're there, also check out the Comhlan celtic dance group in Cracow.
- Quick Takes
- An omnibus file with information on 30 groups and musicians for which there is not yet enough information to merit individual files.
Wales & England |
Home | Artists | Feedback